sexta-feira, janeiro 22, 2016

The Children Act, by Ian McEwan

I have been an admirer of Ian McEwan ever since I read The Cement Garden, the first of his books that came my way. His writing is always beautifully articulate and precise, and the subjects are always interesting and intelligently dealt with. The Children Act is no exception - a beautifully written book, with an interesting plot very intelligently depicted. Sometimes his elaborate writing verges a little on the pedantic and can be a bit boring, but he always strikes me as a most sensible and intelligent voice. This book deals with religion and justice, and even if I think the development of the boy's character is a little farfetched, it still is a very good book. Not his best, but then his standards are very high.

Sem comentários: