terça-feira, agosto 13, 2019

The Book of the New Sun - Shadow & Claw, by Gene Wolfe



I don't know how I hadn't heard about this book before, there was a time when I read a lot of science fiction. This is a very good book of sci-fi / fantasy - actually two books, The Shadow of the Torturer and The Claw of the Conciliator, of a series of four, and I hope to read the other two soon. I'm always fascinated when an author can convey a whole believable alternative world, and this one is on a par with Ursula K. Le Guin's Earthsea and much better than JRR Martin's Game of Thrones. It's an engaging and page turning read, and still intelligent and interesting, for its clever plot and its original depiction of a world thousands of years from now, when the Sun is cooling.

Looking forward to read the next two books!

Sem comentários: