quarta-feira, outubro 31, 2018

Os Despojos do Dia, de Kazuo Ishiguro

I haven't read many books by Ishiguro - just A Pale View of the Hills and Never Let me Go - but liked them immensely, especially the second. His writing is extremely beautiful, in a peculiarly restrained way that makes it so much stronger. And this is another perfect example of his masterly writing (I read it in Portuguese, but I found the translation very good, one can hear the English original in some way). I watched the movie with Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson many years ago, and it's an excellent adaptation, but of course the book is much more nuanced and complete. It's a sad and nostalgic story, about what could have been and the alienation of class and job sense of duty, beautiful, and that leaves us wondering about the fleetness of life.

Sem comentários: