terça-feira, setembro 11, 2018

Five Quarts - A Personal and Natural History of Blood, by Bill Hayes

Another very interesting and most enjoyable book by Bill Hayes. I love the way he writes about medical subjects, extremely clear and knowledgeable - and I should know, since I'm a doctor myself - and how he intertwines his personal experiences and feelings in his narratives. His writing is elegant, witty and endearing, and the book is full of interesting anecdotes and valuable information, not only on the history of our relation with blood across the centuries but also present day important issues, like the still recent AIDS history and what blood, its perils and values, mean to us (I would like him to have also approached the Jehovah's Witnesses' particular attitude towards blood!). All in all, a very good book, and I recommend it, as his other books.

Sem comentários: