terça-feira, julho 31, 2018

En Man som Heter Ove, av Fredrik Backman


This is a lovely book. I read it mostly to practice my Swedish, and I'm glad I'm did. It fulfilled its purpose - even if there were many words I didn't know the meaning of, I managed to understand the context and read it fluently enough. The story is really moving, the main character very endearing and very Swedish - I was actually happy to be able to read it in Swedish, the cadence of the language agrees so much with the dry humour of the narrative. And it's a nice depiction of a multicultural and civilised country, with its flaws but also with all that makes it one of the most civilised places of our time. Even if dealing with a suicidal and depressed character, it ends up as an optimistic celebration of life.

Sem comentários: